Ed Silvoso and his wife Ruth serve 500 leaders through Harvest Evangelism in various continents. He works with teams to transform cities and Nations. He equips market place people and pulpit people and they have prototypes around the world.
Ed started by saying that God is doing something extraordinary in Zimbabwe. Psalm 2:8 Jesus has favour in Africa. Egypt rescued Jesus as a baby i.e. Africa came to the rescue. When Jesus was carrying his cross, it was an African – Simon of Cyrene that helped Jesus. Ed got all the leaders to stand up, raise their hands to God and repeat a prayer after him. We then had to put a hand to our heart and again repeat a prayer. That was really moving especially when sensing the presence of God in our midst.
There are 5 Pivotal Paradigm Shifts required for national transformation:
1. What? Called to disciple Nations not just individuals. Matthew 28:18 – 20 “And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, ‘All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commended you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Do for the Nation what Jesus will do for the Nation. Feed the Nation of Zimbabwe. It’s the crisis that creates the opportunity. The Church should say – what should we do for Zimbabwe so that we will be immersed in the word of God. It’s Gods faith in me that matters. God believes in me, now I need to believe in Him.
2. Why? The Marketplace is the heart of the Nation. It has been redeemed and now it must be reclaimed. Luke 19:10 “…for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Zimbabwe has been redeemed. It’s a legitimate assumption.
3. How? Every Christian is a minister. Labour is worship. In Hebrew, labour and worship are basically the same. Colossians 3:23 “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men…” The Church in Zimbabwe needs to go to the marketplace. Whatever work we do, let’s do it for the glory of God. The Church is then activated.
4. We are to take the Kingdom of God to where the Kingdom of darkness is. Matthew 16:18 – 19 “ And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” God will build His church and the gates of Hades will not prevail. We need to take the Kingdom of God to the marketplace and the Lord will do the building. We need to equip every church member to understand that they are a minister. Our Christian lives are not for a Sunday only but daily and we need to disciple Zimbabwe
5. National transformation must be tangible with the premier social indicator being elimination of ‘systematic poverty’. 1 John 3:8b “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.”
More on ‘Systematic Poverty’ to follow…….
Summarised by Molly Manhanga