Sunday, April 25, 2010

Testimonies from across Zimbabwe pt 2

It was so encouraging when one of the farmers went up to testify and all he wanted to do was to sing to God of the joy that was in his heart. It was just beautiful! He harvested 5 carts of maize.

Kensington: Foundations for Farming really works. My crops matured and I have a bumper harvest of 4 trucks loads. I showed the difference between mulched crops and those without mulch. I want to thank God. If you do as instructed, the crops will not wilt. I have plenty of groundnuts and I used my hands a lot.

Gwanda: I didn’t harvest anything from the field where I didn’t do Foundations for Farming. I’m expecting a harvest in the Foundations for Farming field. I’ve learnt about mulching.

Victoria Falls: I learnt many things about farming. I received my seed bags late and planted where I had prepared my field and put manure. I received the message of Foundations for Farming and I have knowledge. The Lord intervened with my crop and I received a bumper harvest. I have 28 carts of maize.

Bikita: We didn’t have much rains but we managed to mobilize people and teach them Foundations for Farming. Although we mulched our fields, we had lots of sunshine and eventually our crops failed because of lack of rain. There is a definite difference between Foundations for Farming and our traditional methods of farming. We look forward to this next season and we will prepare our land on time.

Binga: We had erratic rains this season and we received our seed late. A lot of us didn’t plant although we had prepared our fields. One old women and two old men risked planting in mid-January. They received a good harvest from their fields. I also received a harvest from my field. We started out with 35 farmers but we now have 80 in total. Foundations for Farming is being received so well and it works. We are looking forward to the next season.


By Molly Manhanga

No comments: