Thursday, April 22, 2010

Testimonies from across Zimbabwe pt 1

It was wonderful listening to the many testimonies from Operation Trumpet Call farmers from across the nation. This is what some of them had to say:

Mbalabala: I didn’t harvest any maize but I got groundnuts and roundnuts. I am very grateful. Next season will be better.

Nkayi: I had a bumper harvest and I am thankful for the teachings on Foundations for Farming. I harvested 4 carts. My crops were wilting and I put mulch. The rains came and my crops did well.

Tsholotsho: I didn’t know I could harvest so much here in Zimbabwe. We got so much maize in an area where we usually plan millet. I planted a small field of maize but my yields are hih. With Foundations for Farming, my crops were wonderful. We also had lots of rain. Bless the lord.

Masvingo: I planted using the Foundations for Farming method. I compared this method of farming to our traditional method and there is a vast difference. Though the rains weren’t good, I had a bumper harvest in my Foundations for Farming plot.

West Nicholson: There was lots of sunshine and many crops wilted. We tried to farm but our crops wilted. Although I didn’t get yields, I am rich in knowledge.


By Molly Manhanga

No comments: